EL (kesnit) wrote,

  • Mood:

Moving Update

LONG weekend, but productive.

Saturday focused on cleaning the bedroom. I had clothes, suitcases, papers, etc all over the floor that the dogs used as nesting material. 3 loads of laundry later, you can see my floor. Of course, the dogs are annoyed because I took away their comfortable spots. (I did leave one dog bed on the floor for them.) I also worked on the living room and packed up most everything there.

My work got cut short because Saturday was Sylvia's mother's birthday and the family was going to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. This is when I realize joining a family with Scot and Irish heritage is dangerous for my liver. When we got there, her parents and brother already had drinks. Not wanting to be left out, I decided to go with the house margarita, which comes in a shaker that you get to take with you. At some point, her Dad and brother started talking about doing a "Irish car bomb" (Guinness with a shot of Bailey's dropped in it). Sylvia said if they were doing car bombs, she was getting one, too, since she had to sit and watch last time they did it. (Her brother's bachelor party, when she was the DD.) So they ordered car bombs. Then the waitress came back and said they had to order in groups of 2 since making a car bomb required opening a bottle of Guinness. I've always been a little hesitant of Guinness (I call it "industral strength sludge), but decided to try it. The drink wasn't that bad, what I could taste of it. (Most of it missed my tounge and went straight down my throat.) Finally, Sylvia's mother wanted a bucket of beer to split, so I took one of the Red Stripes. I would have been fine with any 2 of the three, though the car bomb did hit my head quickly. All three and I was floating a little.

Sunday morning, I was NOT hung over, amazingly... After breakfast, it was back to work. I finished the living room, including packing up the gaming systems and DVDs. Then I turned to the area around the computer. That took a while, but I finally finished. The last major area was the bathroom. It isn't done, but I cleaned out the linen closet and under the sink. I still need to put everything in Ziploc bags and pack them, but that won't take too long. The rest of the day was spent walking through the apartment, picking up things and putting them in boxes. At this moment, the living room is 99% done and all I have to do in the dining room is take the table cloth off the table. There's still some assorted items on the dresser in the bedroom, but they just need to be put in a box.

Tonight's project is the kitchen. For the most part, that just involves putting everything in boxes or throwing it away. Time consuming, but not difficult. At the rate things are going, I will have no problem getting everything done before the movers come Thursday morning.

  • A Republican Goes to Heaven

    I didn't write this; I found it on a forum I read a lot. However, I thought it was funny and wanted to repost it. God: "Why should I let you into…

  • A Very Happy Christmas

    Today has been a wonderful day. My fiancee and I woke up about 8:30 and she made bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Then we opened the presents…

  • I'm Still Here

    I realize I have not posted in quite some time. Law school has been crazy, and while I read LJ, I haven't actually written. But I just got news that…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.